Sunday, November 2, 2008

Something touched me

My favorite, well, only, Australian reader, Chosha, suggested the song I will be pulling this month's blog titles from. 10,000 sparkles to you!

It's late, and I'm barely getting this under the wire as it is, so here's a recap of my good news for the day.

  • Sleeping in.
  • Understanding a very detailed lecture from my professor about how to do a programming assignment and actually getting ahead of her as I worked on the project. Still missing a bracket or semi-colon somewhere though.
  • Finding out the assignment wasn't due until Wednesday instead of tomorrow.
  • Dr. Pepper
  • Going to the Halloween party I go to every year, but not going solo this time. I convinced a a friend to throw together a costume and come with me.
  • Having people finally GET my costume. I was NOT a princess, thank you very much.
  • Hugs.
  • Seeing a perfectly dressed Jareth, who was impressed I knew his character's name. It. Was. Awesome.
  • Whilst my friend and I were talking in the street after getting back to her house (where my car was), a taxi slowed down as he drove past and complimented us on our dresses. HI-larious, but nice.
  • These little gems.
It was a great day. I need more excuses to wear these boots, which I am still wearing, even if I took the dress off as soon as I got home.

6 comments:

Giggles said...

Yeah for boots!

Now, could it cool off enough here so I can wear mine more? See what you can do about that. ;)

AmandaStretch said...

Yeah, um, because I'm magic and all.

Heidi said...

You saw Jareth?! Because one day, I will make that big dress Sarah wears. One day...but not until I have a Jareth to go with!

I'm glad you had a good time. :)

AmandaStretch said...

I will lend you this guy, who is a friend of mine, not just a random stranger. He was perfect. He was even carrying around a little Toby.

chosha said...

I saw the titles, but somehow never saw this one. I had no idea that I had sparkles in abundance. :)

AmandaStretch said...

They don't carry a lot of street value, but they are all yours. :)