Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost

It's one thing when Heavenly Father answers prayers you vocalize. It's wonderful and great, no matter what the answer, to know He's listening.

It's even better when He sends help that you didn't even know you needed. I've had four such instances just today.

Our common areas have been a little extra cluttered recently. I'm never home and The Spy just started a new job and The General has been working on a personal project of some sort. The General is hosting some family here next week, so it would get clean sooner or later, but The Spy was having a friend over this evening and wanted to pick it up before then. She, magically, had some time at home this morning to do so.

When she arrived home from her morning appointment, she was tired and annoyed at the clutter and was just about to not do it until this evening when there was a knock on the door. On our doorstep were the sister missionaries from my ward (my roommates are in the family ward) looking for opportunities to serve. I came home today to a house where the common floors were swept, mopped, or vacuumed, the kitchen was clean, the clutter gone, and the everything straight. It was just what we needed! Now, it's worth noting that we are never home during the day, but the missionaries were specifically coming to our house and not just knocking on doors to help us. So, on the one day where our house is a mess AND one of us is home, they're there to help. I am so grateful for them.

The second miracle is even more personal. I originally had a blind date scheduled for tomorrow evening. Regardless of how I feel (which is on the fence, as I know relatively little about this guy, but he's very nice via text) about this date, it was cutting into my school schedule. I keep scheduling my time as if I don't have school, and it looked like this week my only time for school work was going to be tonight and Friday night. I got home from work today exhausted and with a headache (only four hours of sleep last night), and the idea of trying to study made it worse. I lay down in the dark until my home teacher was due to arrive, and then visited with him for awhile, followed by dinner with him, the roommies, and the friend. It wasn't until we were cleaning up from dinner that I realized that I didn't have to do homework tonight anymore. My Wednesday evening was free now and I could spend tonight trying not to have a headache. And blogging. And watching Gilmore Girls Season 4. I'm going to bed much earlier than I did last night. The date will be rescheduled and I'll have time to homework without a headache.

The aforementioned dinner was also something that I didn't realized I needed. I didn't want to cook tonight, but I had some leftovers I could eat. When The Spy offered a well-balanced dinner, I happily accepted. Thanks again!

Finally, my new beret!


I'd been looking for one of these for weeks, and I found it on Etsy. It's beautiful and just what I wanted. Check out her other items here at the Preppy Peach Boutique. We had the first snow of the season today (just flurries, nothing stuck), and it came just in time. I can't wait to wear it with my red coat.

So, life is good, and it's good to know that I'm being looked out for.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yeah for answers to prayers! I hope there is many more answers to come!

And I think you might have the Spy and the General mixed up. The General has family coming in, and the Spy started a new job.

AmandaStretch said...

Me too!

And fixed! I blame the headache. :)