Sunday, November 30, 2008

Can music save your mortal soul?

It's no secret that I love music. If I'm not listening to music, I have a song in my head. I deal with sheet music every single day. Sometimes, I'm tired of looking at it, but I still come back every day. I love it's possibilities, sounds, emotions, and everything else that music can be.

This weekend, I'm judging original compositions for the local Reflections competition. I remember doing Reflections when I was a kid, and somehow I'm now old enough to be judging it. The teacher in charge of finding judges chose me because "You're an excellent musician, and you deal with music every day. Who better to be a judge?"

Kinda cool. These kids in this district are quite talented and I'm actually looking forward to listening.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Dude, the Reflections contest! Wow, brings back memories... have a great time judging, that's quite awesome. :-)