Sunday, November 23, 2008

Man, I dig those rhythm and blues

Saturdays are my favorite day of the week. I always have lots of things I need to do (seriously, you should see the current list, I might just post about it), but right now, Saturday is the only day I rarely ever NEED to be anywhere. I don't have class or work or church rehearsals (at least right now). I enjoy those things, even immensely, but it's nice to have one day a week that I can schedule however I see fit. All activities are voluntary, and if I set an appointment up, it was my choice. By the end of most Saturdays, I feel like I got to do what I wanted to do, on my terms, even if it was boring as doing school work or running errands.

Here's what I've done on Saturdays in November thus far:

Nov. 1 - Slept in, caught up recent TiVo activity. Did some web programming. A quick grocery store trip. Halloween party.

Nov. 8 - Slept in. Ate breakfast whilst watching The Office. First day of jeans shopping. 2.5 hour spa visit - massage, facial, and pedicure. It was divine. The massage was a gift from my parents, and I just decided to make an afternoon of it. Bought a couple new books. A little homework and laundry in the evening.

Nov. 15 - Probably slept in a little. Gym. More jeans shopping. Was asked for my phone number by a hot Israeli. Ward Thanskgiving Dinner/Talent-No-Talent Show. Sang one of my favorite songs.


Nov. 22 (Today!) - No sleeping in. Instead, I got up at my usual time to see a movie about sparkly vampires. I went with Alvin and the Chipmunks and we met a bunch of ward friends there. Overpriced movie theater popcorn = breakfast of champions. Movie = brain candy. Lunched at TGIFridays. Took Theodore and Simon to run some errands. None of us found anything we needed, but we all got a few things we didn't. Once home, I worked on more web programming whilst listening the devastating BYU loss (it should have been a lot closer).

And now I'm here. Lounging in the comfortable papasan (the uncomfortable one is in the living room, because I'm mean like that) with my feet propped on my bed, watching Gilmore Girls.

I love Saturdays.

No comments: