Thursday, November 20, 2008

And, maybe, they'd be happy for awhile

The Aquabats concert? Awesome! Thanks for asking! I went with Simon (of Alvin and the Chipmunks) and met a couple other people at the venue. Suburban Legends opened, and I wonder how I missed them for the last ten years. They have choreographed every single one of their songs to give their brass section something to do when they aren't playing. It was so rad. The Aquabats, as always, put on a great live show. I was somewhat enamored with the guitarist, but the whole band is just great. Love their music and them.

I did get my t-shirt, in a size that fits. Also? It glows in the dark! I didn't discover that until tonight. Made. My. Day.

However, the concert went late. So late that Simon and I missed the last train home. Luckily, Theodore was up and actually about and came to get us. Yay!

Good friends. Good music. Good times.

1 comment:

Megs said...

Hey Amanda. You don't know me, but I was referred here in a very convoluted way through Myrna and David Layton. I'm planning to get an MLS, and my plan pretty much set on the distance degree thing, but I'm starting to think I'm wrong and that maybe I need to rethink. Myrna said you might be a good person to talk to. If you get a minute, would you mind emailing me some of your thoughts about being in library school outside of the bubble? I would really appreciate it.
megan.winegar@gmail.com
Thanks so much! (Also, I like the Aquabats too.)