Monday, November 19, 2012

We're goin' to the chapel, and we're gonna get married

I love Blake because he is taking me to the temple to be sealed for time and all eternity.

I once wrote the following:

We believe that when married by the proper Priesthood authority in the proper place (the temple), a husband and wife and all children born to them can be together forever in this life and in the eternities to come as long as they are worthy. This ordinance is called a sealing. In some countries, this counts as a legal ceremony, though in others the couple is wed civilly before their sealing. A sealing can also performed after an already married couple joins the church or when an adopted child joins the family.

Blake and I are both worthy and have kept ourselves worthy to attend the temple together and be sealed together forever. A temple marriage is the only kind of marriage I have ever wanted and I am so blessed to have found the person who wants the same thing.

For other things I have written or linked to about the temple and eternal families, please see these blog posts from 2009, 2010, and 2011.

In exactly this amount of time:

We will be going here:

And I can't wait!

1 comment:

Giggles said...

That's the only way to do it!