Saturday, November 10, 2012

Nobody said it was easy

The week I met Blake, he had just received word of his acceptance to law school, in conjunction with a Masters in Public Policy. In fact, because he received his acceptance to American University and felt right about attending for an MPP even before the law school acceptance and BEFORE his home state of Arizona offered him a similar spot, he knew he was sticking around in DC long enough to want to start something up with someone when the chance came. And so, with both of us in school and only me working part-time, we're living the starving student lifestyle neither of us expected to still be in at this point.

It's not going to be easy. As I'm wrapping up my program of study, he's just getting started. We'll turn 31 the year he graduates. But you know what? It's okay. We feel this is our path and we'll support each other through it!

I love Blake because he works really hard. He is an incredibly diligent student and has yet to take an unprepared day that professes allow students to take a few times a semester. He's on top of his studying, even if he has to stay up late or study on the metro. I'm pretty adept at this school thing by now, but his diligence is still an example to me.

Yes, on some Friday nights, it means we have to hang out in our laundry room in the basement while he studies and I finish my X book. Tomorrow, we will both probably study most of the afternoon.

But we're still together and we're preparing for our family's future success, an attitude we share.

And that is worth it.

1 comment:

Giggles said...

They say that nothing easy is ever worth it. But I say someday I'd like to actually try. :)