Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Have you ever had to finally decide?

Blake and I are planning our wedding together. I'm not one of those girls who has had everything planned except the groom since she was five and we feel strongly about making this OUR wedding and OUR day.

So, it is fortunate that, yes, we like a lot of the same things, but also that we make decisions in a similar manner.

Tonight, we discussed photographers and food for our wedding. At one point, I said something about the photographer and, with the next step in mind that I wanted to take to figure out to make a final decision, disappeared to grab a pair of socks. When I returned, Blake said exactly the same thing I had been thinking to say on my return.

Our logic works together and we arrive at similar decisions about lots of things. We can generally understand each other's points and work together for a compatible solution to our question.

We've had really big things to discuss in our relatively short time together thus far, and because we make decisions so similarly, we've largely been able to do so without much stress and in a timeframe we're both happy with.

I suppose that's not so much something I love about Blake, but something I love about us as a couple.

Specifically regarding Blake, it means I know I can come to him with a decision we need to make and I can trust him to be consistent in how we arrive at that decision. Together. It also means that I can trust him to make decisions without me, because he considers me and my perspective.

It won't always be this easy. But I'm grateful for establishing good communication habits and foundations now!

The picture is from the day we picked up the keys to our first place! Deciding on an apartment together was a relatively pain-free experience because of how well we can work together!

1 comment:

Giggles said...

I've also said/thought something to the effect of "we'll have hard times in the future." But I wonder why we do that. Why do we think just because things are good now they'll be bad in the future?

On the other hand, it's great that things are going so well now.