Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Wind Beneath My Wings

Good heavens that title is cheesy, but it's 11:54 PM and I'm stuck otherwise. Moving on!

Blake is incredibly supportive of me. He was willing to start a relationship with me, despite my impending layoff. He saw me through my unemployment, encouraged my applications and interviews, and counseled with me as we decided together on the right moves. He patiently entertained himself with a book in the evenings when I had to study this summer.

And he drove 7 hours in unmoving traffic to watch me finish my Tough Mudder. He even hugged and kissed me despite all the mud all over me.

As I mentioned earlier, I know I'd be able to get through whatever on my own, but he really brings out and supports the best in me. I'm not just getting through this semester or layoff, I'm excelling and he has a LOT to do with that.

1 comment:

Giggles said...

Woohoo for built in cheering squads! They come in very handy.