Monday, November 5, 2012

I could make it on my own, let me know that I don't have to

I have lived out on my own, for good, now since 2005. For more than 3.5 years, I have lived completely on my own - no roommates by choice. I've gotten used to managing my own house and chores. I'm not perfect and my house was far from impeccable, but I did pretty well for myself.

Blake has jumped right in and started sharing my burdens and I his. I refused to let him help me clean before I had him over for the first time, but since then he has helped with cleaning and cooking and anything I need or want. We started grocery shopping together ages ago, and if I cook, he cleans.

I love Blake because he really helps me and we get to work together, especially now as we assemble our new home and life. With everything we have going on, neither one of us feels unevenly burdened.

I could continue to make it alone, but I'm so glad I don't have to anymore!

2 comments:

Myrna said...

I am pressing the like button on this post...or I would, if it had one.

Giggles said...

Living alone I think makes you more appreciative when you don't any more.