Saturday, July 30, 2011

It's a holiday pardon me as I celebrate

This morning started out like any other day. I went to the gym and back home, got ready for my day, and headed into work. I'd been in my office just long enough to unpack all my food and check my email when I heard a boom and saw the power go out as a power line outside my window shook.

That's not a . . . good sign.

A couple smaller booms and flickers of electric sounds and it was clear something was up. I joined the other curious onlookers in my building on our landing to discover that a truck with an extendable rig on top had clotheslined itself on the power lines, taking down four power lines as it went.

Obviously, we were done with work for the day. Wahoo!

So, I went home and took a nap. Watched a silly chick flick while going about some online business (checking Google Reader, buying baseball tickets for next week). I've also done some dishes and made enough laundry soap to last me through March 2012.

Cheese curls? More like Fels-Naptha laundry bar soap.


And, as I write this, I still have an hour before I have to eat dinner and head to my other job. I think I'll read a book!

How's your Friday?

No comments: