Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Twenty twenty twenty-four hours to go

You know that feeling you get when there are less than 24 hours before you leave on vacation and there is so much to do to prepare but you can't seem to focus because your brain really wants to be on vacation already?

That's me right now. Couple that with the fact that I just got back in the swing of things from my last vacation that I just returned from last week. I really do get a rare vacation following my vacation, but it's no wonder I can't seem to finish anything.

Even this post. I actually am writing this paragraph four hours after I wrote the last one, but that's because I had to run to the Dollar Store, go to choir practice, pick up some groceries, and then send a few of church calling related emails. Oh, and I started a load of laundry. I still haven't packed (and I really want to finish this one book before I leave, even if it is HP7 and I've read it before).

At least I've been really productive at work. Immediately after I had to let my temps go (lack of funds), I had to focus on preparing all of the festival music, and this last week I've finally worked on consolidating all the work stations we had set up when there were three of us. I finished that today, and even if my office is packed with music, the library itself looks really nice right now. Still in transition, but not overwhelmingly so.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a suitcase to 1) empty of the last bits of my last trip and 2)fill it again.

No comments: