Saturday, November 28, 2009

I dream my winter dream

27 hours ago, our Thanksgiving dinner was winding down. The screaming children (oh the screaming, that magnifies exponentially in a house with stone floors and vaulted ceilings) had gone home with the parents and the pie was settling in our stomachs.

I'm celebrating the holiday this year with my aunt and uncle who live in Indiana, across the river from Louisville, KY. My uncle's siblings and family joined us for dinner. Lots of people I didn't know but whose company I found myself enjoying. Good people. Good food. Good times.

Sometimes I'm sad that my closest family is more than ten hours away, but then ten hours isn't that far after all!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone as fast as I can before I lose signal again!

No comments: