Sunday, October 5, 2008

I'm sick of your quirks

Nancy posted a blog that challenges the blogger (that would be me) to disclose 6 "unspectacular" quirks about yourself. Tag yourself to do the same, if you so choose.

As for me:

1) I shower from head to toe. I may omit certain steps (like I may not shave or wash my hair everyday), but basically it goes something like this - Wash hair, condition hair whilst - wash face, shave, soap top to bottom. I also dry top to bottom. If I start to do something out of order, I've been known to rinse off my hands and go back to whatever step I was about to skip.

2) I dress from bottom to top. Obviously, underwear goes on before outerwear, but I dress to the point that if whatever I'm tucking in goes on before whatever I'm tucking it into. Socks before pants, etc. Even if I have to readjust my slip after putting on my skirt, the slip goes on first. If I'm really on top of things, I lay out my clothes the night before in the order I'll put them on the next day.

3) I almost never wear my hair the same two days in a row. I love to do different things, and I've been known to plan my hair out a week in advance. I make up hairstyles all the time. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Still, I love my hair.

4) I love looking stuff up for fun. I love a good Google challenge, and might look something up for you even if you don't ask. This quirk brought me the nickname Oracle just yesterday. I like it.

5) I save my library blog reading in Google Reader for when I'm at work. It's related, right?

6) I have a thing for guys with shortish, well-maintained ponytails. It's not a dealbreaker if they don't have one, but they're nice. At the very least, I really like a guy with a thick, full head of hair. I've gone out with guys with little to no hair, and I much prefer the alternative, though it's definitely not the most important thing. There's a guy I see on a weekly basis at choir, whom I don't know, but for the longest time he wore glasses that were out of style, a mustache, and shaggy hair. One week, he came to choir without the mustache, new, fashionable glasses, and his hair in a ponytail. I tried to convince myself that my sudden attraction wasn't just the ponytail, but also the glasses and lack of mustache, but when he came the next week with his hair buzzed, I wasn't as attracted as I had been. He still looked better than he had, but it wasn't the same.

What are some of your quirks?

No comments: