Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cuidado

The cuticle on my right hand pinkie finger tore last night. It didn't bleed much (fingers rarely do), but the skin newly exposed to the elements was quite tender, so I put a band-aid on it. The band-aid remained on today, but it's not a life threatening injury or anything and my finger didn't lose any functionality.

Still, I favored my finger today. Even now, without the band-aid, I'm holding my pinkie finger as far away from the rest of hand as possible. I held it out when shifting gears in my car and a zillion other things I needed my hands for today. In my head, I know that my finger is totally and completely fine, but subconsciously, I seem to be afraid of it shattering or something at the slightest touch.

It's ridiculous, and I'm totally amused.

3 comments:

kimmers said...

You are absolutely the shining star of my day today. I love you for posting about this. :)

AmandaStretch said...

Aww, thanks!!

Heidi said...

Absurdity is what keeps me going some days...Which kind of explains a lot.