Tuesday, January 29, 2008

We Thank Thee, O God, For a Prophet

I was still in my last year of Primary when Gordon B. Hinckley was sustained as President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. While I remember Presidents Benson and Hunter, it was President Hinckley I really grew up with. He was our prophet as I gained my own testimony. I loved his humor and gentle spirit as much as I loved his candor and plain speaking. There was no doubt in my mind that he knew that Christ is our Savior and that this is His church. President Hinckley was a tremendous mouthpiece of the Lord and an unwavering example of the service and love we all should embody. He will truly be missed, though the work will most certainly go on. He must be overjoyed to be with his beloved Marjorie again, as he has missed her so. My thoughts are with their family at this time.

I look forward to the work and teachings of his successors, and my thoughts are also with those who will soon take on their new responsibilities. They will certainly be strengthened by the Lord.

Thank you, President Hinckley.

No comments: