Tuesday, November 8, 2011

You're having my baby

Where were you born and when?

I was born on May 25, 1984 at 10:16 AM Mountain Daylight Time in Provo, Utah, at the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. My mom had just finished her Masters the month before, and Dad would graduate with his Bachelor's in August. I was definitely a BYU baby and their first.

Clearly, I don't remember anything about that experience, which is probably for the best. I do know that the umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck, but I seem to have survived that okay. I actually learned that one day when I overheard my mom talking to another mom about it at baseball game of my brother's, which was a strange place to learn such a thing.

I also know I was born with jaundice. This being the day before those cool light contraptions, my parents were instructed to get me in the sunlight each day. At one point, my dad put me in the back runnerboard of the car and then left me there a little longer than he intended. I seem to have survived that too.

I was a pretty adorable baby, really. Check back here later and I'll try to post a picture to show you!

1 comment:

Giggles said...

Sometimes it's amazing what we survive.