Tuesday, July 1, 2008

525,600 Minutes

Well, I completely forgot about my blog-iversary. It's now been one year and four days since my very first post here at The Book Guardian. It's been a good year, I think. I started school, joined a choir, went on lots of trips, and tried to maintain my sanity, among other things.

Happy Blog-iversary to me!

In other news, this was in the weekly letter from my grandparents yesterday, Grandpa is speaking:

Monday morning started off with a trip to Walla Walla -to see Dr. Tokar-optometrist. Not much change but enough that he recommended new glasses for distance. He mentioned that bifocals would also help, or that I could just buy a pair of reading glasses-either at WalMart or the dollar store. I opted for the reading glasses-I only need help with smaller than normal or lighter print. Priced the glasses at WalMart-$19.00, bought a pair at the dollar store for a dollar. They do help when needed. I still need to get the prescription for the driving glasses filled
That just made my week. [/sarcasm] My 73-year-old grandfather got reading glasses the same week I did. Awesome. My eyes are old. Also, I spent a lot more than that. Hooray! What's actually exciting is that my grandparents are coming to visit me in August! Yay!

So, that's how things go around here. A roller coaster of crazy events. Here's to another year of blogging, with hopefully more ups than downs!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I was about the age you are now when I first got glasses, so it's only been a few years. Mine are for the opposite reason, but it's still a bit of a blow indeed...