Thursday, November 16, 2017

My heart wants to sing every song it hears

The local high school drama club has traditionally done its annual musical in the spring, but this year they are doing it in the fall and I am honored to have been a part of it again as choreographer. The choice this year was the beloved classic The Sound of Music and tonight is opening night! It's not the most dance-heavy show, so my hardest part was over some weeks ago, but I still attended rehearsals to lend my voice where I could and just to enjoy being present in the creative process.
Lonely Goatherd - In the stage musical, this happens during the thunderstorm instead of "My Favorite Things" - This has become my favorite number of the whole show.

Our family has been thrown a number of challenges recently, typical of life really, but having this creative outlet has been unbelievably helpful in getting me through all of it. I've been so blessed with all my shows of the last year, in that they have come into my life at just the right time for a variety of reasons. It's been so good to have theatre become a more regular part of my life again, and now I just need to find more outlets for performing as well as creating.
How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?

So Long, Farewell


Many thanks to Summer for inviting me to be part of the drama club and many thanks to these amazing students for all their hard work!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Clara looks deathly serious in that last one! LOL

Giggles said...

Creating is part of our divine nature. We're better off when we find ways to do it. Thankfully there are endless options.

AmandaStretch said...

Summer - Ha! Yes she does!

Giggles - Agreed!