Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Relax, take it easy

Tonight was my first full evening at home post-Emancipation Day. It's not like I've never had a non-homework evening in the last couple of years, but even if I did take the night off, it was always in the back of my mind. I've also had some school breaks, but I'm always traveling over Christmas, May 2008 - fixing my compy and buying a new car, August 2008 - Grandparents!, May 2009 - setting up the new apartment and logging HOURS of solo driving.

So, yeah, quiet nights at home without big projects looming over me is quite nice.

How did I spend my night of nothingness?

I . . .
  • Practiced a song I'm singing in a few weeks
  • Grilled a couple of pounds of chicken (microwave, add veggies, instant dinner for a week)
  • Folded laundry
  • Worked on catching up on my Google Reader (down to 88 from 150-something)
  • Watched Mystic Pizza (recorded from AMC) and HawthoRNe (so THAT'S what B/C-list TV actors do over the summer, guest star on random cable shows)

Tomorrow night? I'm reckoning more of the same, but add one workout and possibly some writing.

(Since I told you I'm going to the gym, maybe I'll actually go . . .)

1 comment:

AmandaStretch said...

Tonight, I've started planning a dinner party, gotten my Reader down to 77 (it was back over 100 earlier), watched SYTYCD, and tweaked my resume.

And I DID go to the gym.