I'm also really energized. Unlike the last time I finished a degree, I'm not depressed and burned out. I'm single, childless, have a good job, and live in one of the greatest metro areas in the world. I don't want to let that go to waste. There are things to be done, and I'm going to do them.
Remember this list I made in the beginning of this school experience? Time for a new one.
Things I Will Not Do
- Watch 10 seasons of anything in 2 months, unless it's while I'm doing something productive, like knitting
- Become complacent
- Become too reclusive
- Stay up far too late writing papers (at least not for the foreseeable future)
- Do another accelerated degree program (2 is enough, thank you)
- Pay for another degree (scholarships/fellowships/free tuition benefits whilst working for a university - all welcome)
Things I Will Do
- Continue to kick butt at my job (or any job)
- Finish this year's book challenge (so what if I'm only on B)
- Work on my other goals for this year
- Keep dancing
- Tour DC
- Keep learning things
- Explore other career and educational options (yes, I am thinking about a Ph.D. and/or a second Master's)
- Enjoy my life, whatever comes my way
Non-DC friends - I still have a futon that's just begging for visitors, and I'd love some people with whom to play tourist.
Everyone - here's my graduation present to you, this week's SOTW. I've lost track of how many times I've listened to this song, and the video is just delightful.
Life is awesome. I enjoy living it.