Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tell me, what do you want from me

I've recently discovered that there a lot more people who read this blog than I realize. I already know that I don't personally know everyone who comments, let alone reads.

But I'd like to know more about you.

Per the example of a blog of a friend of a friend, I'm declaring today De-Lurk Day!

Do you regularly read this blog? How did you find me? Do we know each other other or do you know someone I know or did you just blogsurf your way over and decide to stay awhile?

Post a comment and let me know! If you're a regular commenter, or even my sister, post here anyway and say hi so that we can all get to know each other a little better. If you'd rather not, that's okay too. Or, if you'd rather let me know without letting the whole world know, shoot me an email at thebookguardian@gmail.com.

While we're at it, I'd love to know what you guys think. Is there something I should be posting more or less of? Anything you want to know about me? What about the design? Do you love/hate the colors? Would you rather my music player didn't start automatically? Do you have requests for my music player? What about a weekly music feature where I highlight my favorite song o' the week?

This blog is mostly for me, but since I have an audience, I'd like to consider you as well. Be kind, but let me know if there's something different you'd like to see or something you'd like to see more of. I'll certainly take any feedback under consideration!

And, just to make things interesting, I'll pick a random commenter who will win something (exact piece to be decided) from one of my new favorite jewelry websites - peora.com! (If you're a guy, or my grandma who can't wear jewelry, we'll work something out.) Comment by Sunday, April 5, to be considered.




Ready . . . set . . . comment!

14 comments:

SJ said...

Well, when you throw something free into the pot...

Cali and Brett Smith said...

Hey Amanda--
This is Cali Smith-- used to be merrell. We knew eachother in jr high and then reconnected in our singles ward right before I married a guy that you once dated... lol.
I love to read blogs.. so I do read yours on a regular basis. We like the same music which i love. Its good to keep up with what you are doing and i hope everything in your life is awesome. Our blog is caliandbrettsmith.blogspot.com.

--Cali

Emily said...

I love how I'm my very own category of readers. I'm your one and only sister and I met you when I was born. I really need to start my own blog very soon. I love ya :)

ps- love the jewelry site!

Myrna said...

You know who I am, Amanda! :o)

Jasmine said...

I think we officially met in stage combat class...is that right? I believe we connected cuz we were both dancers. We had many a good fight. :) Those were good times.

Katie said...

Um . . .I was just eating pizza at your house. I hope we know each other. If not, that is just weird. Atticus doesn't like blogs with music on them and likes to freeze up on them. But other than that, I LOVE your blog. I love the nerdy librarian stuff, and also the life is just a big giant ball of chaos posts too.

chosha said...

I like the music player and just keep adding a couple of new tunes once in a while because I've found some good artists through you. The only time I don't like it to start automatically is when I'm at work, but I've gotten into the habit now of pausing it before the office's attention turns towards my desk. :)

I like hearing about your artistic pursuits and your theories on life. Oh and don't include my name for the freebie, as I already made it onto the pay-it-forward list.

Giggles said...

Hi. I'm me. And I write an awesome blog that links to yours and I like to shamelessly promote myself when I should be writing papers.

The end.

Nancy said...

Hi. My name is Nancy. I believe when we met you introduced yourself in front of our seminary class as Bubbles. :) We played the high school scene together and then saw each other occasionally at the Y, although my major and your major didn't overlap much...but we saw each other at the library often! :)

Nancy said...

Oh, and I do wish the music player didn't start automatically. Sometimes I "sneak" onto the computer to check blogs while Rachel is playing nicely and the music makes her look at me.

And then she wants to play "Elmo."

snack said...

chica - you're on my google reader list. and emily will be too if she ever creates a blog ;)

-melissa

Heidi said...

I love your happy pale-yellow blog. Very much. :) It's almost like you're not a million miles away from me.

Also, I hereby vow to comment more. Because I really should...

Karen said...

You know me--just another "high school mom." You know, the mom of one of your many high school friends. I remember the time Andrew came home with your lipstick print on his cheek. He turned bright red as he tried to explain that one!

Lala said...

So, I can't remember how I got to your blog to start with. What I do know is that I'm a blog stalker but with academic purpose. I'm going to do some kind of research on blogging communities and creative expression someday. That's my dream anyway.