Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Invocation

One reason I chose my blog title was because it sort of had a mystic quality - that I had a charge to care for and protect my library materials. I imagined dark caves and exploring the archives in hushed tones.

Apparently I was more right than I thought. I accidently tried editing something in a record without going through the editor, when the following prompt popped-up:

"The 008 field may only be modified using a dialog editor. Do you wish to invoke the editor now?"

I was rather amused by the use of the words "wish" and "invoke". I told Fran of this and she followed with "I hereby invoke thee Editor!" and "Don't forget to pour the sacred salt in a CLOCKWISE circle."

Of course, I pictured myself in dark ceremonial robes in a hidden room, with candles, pouring salt in a clockwise circle and calling upon the Great Editor.

I am The Book Guardian after all.

I am so going to get struck by lightning.

3 comments:

Emily said...

tehe, many giggles :)
*~Em~*

Nancy said...

That's so awesome...

I do work in the deep, dark archives--50 feet underground. I kind of understand where you're coming from. :)

AmandaStretch said...

I thought about that while I was writing it. Hooray!