Monday, May 2, 2011

O Divine Redeemer

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, also known as the Mormons. Each Sunday, I discuss some things related to my faith and what I believe. Regardless of your own beliefs, I hope this gives you a chance to get to know me and my religion a little better. For previous installments, click here.
Happy belated Easter! As much as I love Christmas, the Easter season is also wonderful. Spring is such a beautiful time of year with brilliant, natural colors (as opposed to the lights and manufactured shimmer of Christmas) symbolizing a season of rebirth and new possibilities. To me, it is a reminder of the Resurrection of our Savior and the rebirth and new possibilities available to us through His sacrifice.

This year, I got to celebrate a week early with my mom in town (which is why I didn't write two weeks ago) and then enjoy a beautiful, quiet Sunday on the actual holiday (why I didn't write last week). I'm so grateful for the chance to reflect in gratitude for our Jesus Christ, my Redeemer.

My mom was in town specifically to hear me sing the following song, which I share with you today as a testimony of how I truly feel about Jesus Christ. Enjoy.

O Divine Redeemer - Charles Gounod


4 comments:

DeShawn said...

Well sung! Someone sang that in my Ward a year ago and it was painful. Thanks for getting that pain out of my head. :)

Belle of the Blues said...

Powerful performance! Well done. I like the baby's sigh near the end, too. So cute.

LeAnn said...

Enjoyed reading your post today. You have an awesome voice; thanks or sharing it on your post.
Three of my daughers have beautiful voices and sing in meetings. I wish I could sing like you and them.
Blessings to you!

snack said...

hey, look at that, you're a soprano!!! Awesome!!!! beautiful :)