Monday, November 11, 2013

The chapel doors seem to say to me "Shh, be still"

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, also known as the Mormons. When possible on Sundays, I discuss some things related to my faith and what I believe. With respect to your own beliefs, I hope this gives you a chance to get to know me and my religion a little better. For previous installments, click here.

In talking with friends and acquaintances not of my faith, I have found that there is some confusion about the difference between chapels and temples. Here's a handy infographic (click to embiggen)!

This is the Washington DC temple. (Photo by Blake)

And this is one of the chapels in my stake (akin to a Catholic diocese) in 1955. It was only the second built in the state and is still in use today. It's not where I attend my weekly meetings, but I do get to go there for events somewhat frequently. (Photo credit Flickr user LFL2)


For more information, visit this site.

1 comment:

Giggles said...

I love the fact that so many members live so close (yes, 200 miles is close) to a temple. In March we will be 2 hours from 3 different temples (two of them are about 10 minutes apart from each other).