Monday, November 4, 2013

Pullin' together we can work it out

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, also known as the Mormons. When possible on Sundays, I discuss some things related to my faith and what I believe. With respect to your own beliefs, I hope this gives you a chance to get to know me and my religion a little better. For previous installments, click here.

As members of our faith, Blake and I have made covenants with God (and each other) to keep the commandments so that we can return to live with Him again and be married for eternity. While living and keeping our covenants ultimately comes down to our individual commitment, there is much we can do together to help each other keep each on track. As we become our best selves individually, we grow together as a couple and family. 

Some of the things we do together are:

-daily scripture study (we're almost finished with The Book of Mormon for the first time together)

-daily prayers

-weekly Family Home Evening

-weekly church attendance 

-monthly temple attendance and service

-frequent discussions of gospel topics

-support each other in our church responsibilities

These things enrich our days, bless our lives individually and together, and have helped us create a solid foundation for our marriage and family. I am very glad to have this shared faith and look forward to growing together more every day for the rest of forever. 

1 comment:

Giggles said...

It's those little things that are so important.