Sunday, November 24, 2013

I'm making a note here: Huge success

I have spent this entire day preparing for and throwing a dinner/viewing party for the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary special. Immediately after waking up and showering, we went to the grocery store and then came home and I got to party prep work while Blake studied. 

Our last guests left around 11:00 and now that the dishwasher is going and everything is cleaned up, I can tell you that I am exhausted and it was worth it. I'll post in greater detail on Tuesday, but we had a great time and I really enjoyed putting everything together. Next time, I'll probably spread out some of the prep work more over days instead of hours (I didn't finish the party favors that will now be Christmas gifts), but I'm still incredibly happy with the results. Everything turned out great and we all had a really enjoyable evening  

As a teaser for Tuesday, here are the fruit roll up bowties that Blake so kindly assembled

Bowties are cool.

2 comments:

Anna M said...

Those bowties are ADORABLE.

Giggles said...

I love geeky parties!

Spreading preparation out over an appropriate amount of time is still something I'm working on.