Thursday, November 14, 2013

Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout

I love having a clean house. I can find things, there aren't weird smells wafting about, and it just looks nicer. There's a different feeling that exists in a clean house than in a cluttered or dirty one. I may have grumbled about my chores as a kid and my dorm room during my freshman year of college was anything but consistently tidy, but I have, eventually, come to realize just how much I like a clean home. You can do a blog search here and find all the posts in which I've admitted this before.

You can also found several posts admitting that I'm not one of those people who can keep a perfectly clean house all the time. I wish I could, but I don't, and I'm okay with that.

Luckily, I have someone to help me now. We had a pretty good cleaning schedule that we came up with together, but after a few weeks something happened, life always does, and we got off schedule and things have gotten a little dirtier around here. Fortunately, we have a pretty similar attitude about house cleaning and the amount of tolerable clutter, so we're okay when it's not perfect.

It also means we agree when it's time buckle down and just do it. We have scheduled this Saturday to be a CLEAN ALL THE THINGS day and I think we're both looking forward to it. We'll then get back on our cleaning schedule and keep things a little nicer for awhile.  Ten to twenty minutes a day is better than an entire Saturday afternoon.

I do have an app (and the creator's Tumblr and Twitter that I follow) that is pretty motivating and helpful in breaking up cleaning into manageable chunks. It has some language though, so instead of linking to it directly, you may ask if you'd like the link.

Do you like a clean house? What helps you stay motivated to keep it clean?

Seriously. Saturday night, our apartment is going to look awesome again.

2 comments:

Giggles said...

I also was not one to clean when I was younger. But now I feel cluttered in my head if my surroundings are cluttered.

We used to start the dishwasher Saturday morning and clean till it finished. If we worked together we could get the whole house cleaned before it finished.

This year life changed and I broke down the cleaning so there's one thing that should get cleaned each day. It doesn't always happen, but I don't feel overwhelmed that I need to clean the whole house at once.

We do try to have a clean kitchen before bed on Saturday. It makes Sunday feel that much better.

AmandaStretch said...

Agreed about the head clutter if the house is cluttered. We had a wonderful Sunday yesterday and I can't help but think it had something to do with having a cleaner home!