Sunday, November 10, 2013

Leaves are falling all around, It's time I was on my way

Sunset from the Potomac

One of my favorite things about living in DC is that the seasons all get their proper time. In Utah, winter seemed to last six months or more with all the snow and spring and fall only lasting a couple weeks. In Texas, it went from hot and summery to gray and dreary and barren trees without snow to make it worth it. It was rarely cold, but it was certainly bleak.

Here, the seasons take their time and I get to fully enjoy them. Or, in the case of winter, know that they will end. I'm fine with winter and snow, but I don't love being cold. 

Fall loses a few points in the race for favorite season because it is the harbinger of winter, but gains points because it is so lovely here with all the foliage. 

This year, and I've heard this from a few sources as well as my own observations, has been particularly gorgeous and the leaves and weather are taking their sweet time to change. 

Great Falls
National Arboretum - Old Capitol Columns
National Arboretum
Outside my apartment
Outside my apartment
On George Washington Parkway, looking toward Georgetown

I'll take it!

1 comment:

Giggles said...

Every time we talk about the possibility of moving some day two requirements come up: 1. I want to live somewhere that I haven't before and 2. We want to live somewhere that has all four seasons. We'd like a little more variety in the weather department. Although we'd miss our monsoons.