Thursday, November 8, 2012

Make 'em laugh, make 'em laugh

I know I've already talked about how Blake and I share compatible silliness, but his sense of humor and comedic timing is just so good it's getting a second post.

Late this afternoon, we were driving home from a thrift store where we picked up our first piece of mutually agreed upon furniture - a dining room hutch. (All the rest of our furniture was mine originally.) It's structurally sound, but could use some cleaning and paint job. So we were talking about where in our space we could paint it, and I was pointing out that we could just put down some drop cloths and paint it inside.

Me: People paint inside all time; how else would walls get painted?

Blake: Elves.

Me: Ooh. That reminds me! Emmaleigh said

Blake: Wait. Emily [my sister] said that elves paint walls? I don't know what they're teaching her in her art classes at BYU-I [she's an art education major], but that's not factual. Elves don't paint walls. (pause) They paint cars. (pause) I mean, it makes sense, the car factories are all in Michigan, where it's cold and an easy commute from the North Pole.

Me: I love you.

And then I bargained that I would blog this for today's post if he would heat up some leftovers. As I sat down, I reminded him the ladle was in the dishwasher.

Blake: Ladle, ladle, ladle, I made it out of clay, and when it's dry and ready, with a ladle I will . . . serve.

Every day he makes laugh. Every day.

And the hutch! Before!




No comments: