Monday, November 12, 2012

I'll go where you want me to go

Shortly after our engagement was announced, I was released from all of my church responsibilities. I'm sure this mini-break will end once we start attending our new family ward(congregation), but it's nice for now. I'm helping where I can, like playing the piano in one of the meetings today or warming some food for our ward Thanksgiving dinner this Sunday.

Blake, on the other hand, has not been released. He is on the temple committee, which isn't very time consuming thankfully, and he's very much magnifying his responsibility. Today, he spoke in church (we accept assignments to speak every so often instead of the same preacher every week) for the second time since we've been together. I, on the other hand, haven't spoken since, I don't know, maybe 2006? Definitely in Utah. He'd be willing to fulfill his assignment to work in the stake family history library next month, if it weren't the day before we fly home to get married.

In our life, home, and relationship, he is every bit the worthy Priesthood holder he should be. He dedicated our home today, we pray together, and we study our scriptures together. He stays faithful to the covenants he's made with Heavenly Father and helps me do the same. I can trust that he'll teach our children to be similar in nature.

I'm grateful for a wonderful example of faith in our relationship. Having similar values gives us a very solid foundation for our marriage!

This photo is from his mission and his companion is someone I went to high school with! Small world!

No comments: