Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Look I was 17

I went closet diving this morning, looking for my high school yearbooks. There are a few people from my graduating class that live in DC now, and we're having a mini-reunion this weekend. During my search, I found several tchotchkes and papers and books I haven't seen in quite some time.

The pictures were the most intriguing. I found my old date dance pictures. I'd forgotten that Canadian Dave was in my group for Sweetheart's my junior year and that smiling with braces was often really awkward. I also found some really cute pictures from when the boy who gave me my first kiss came to visit me again my senior year. Not that I want to go back to high school, but I do have some fond memories of that time. I'll have to scan these pictures sometime and share them with you.

I do kind of wish I could go back and tell my 16-year-old self how cute I was, despite the braces and acne. I know I didn't always think so. I also wish I could take her bra shopping. I didn't quite figure out my proper fit until after graduation. And, speaking of fit, I wish I could still fit in those pants.

I've grown up a lot since then, as one should, but it's nice to know I'm still me.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone, because once again I'm just chilling in the airport

No comments: