Monday, November 16, 2009

I'm a rebel, let them talk

The rule, once we were old enough to need one, was that we were allowed to do anything we wished with our hair, so long as we paid for it ourselves. Between three kids, we've had hobbit hair, a mullet, a mohawk, bangs, no bangs, and several colors (usually naturally occuring, just not on our heads).

I dyed my hair for the first time when I was 15, for a Halloween costume in which I was portraying Shmi Skywalker. It was a dark brown, so dark it almost looked purple in some light, and I enjoyed the change for the months it lasted. I enjoyed it so much, I dyed it again for another costume. I've had red streaks a couple of different times and, as you may recall, currently sport pink extensions and blonder highlights (to lighten my dirty blonde hair). As long as I take care of my hair, despite all the changes, it still looks good and I'm awfully fond of it. It's only hair and the changes are temporary.

What I haven't tried is a tattoo. Nor do I intend to. Those aren't so temporary.

Unless you use henna.



My lovely friend and former roommate, Elle, is starting a henna and photography business. She freehanded this designed based on a little input from me and I quite like it. Just not enough to have it for always.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone whilst watching "The Princess Bride" with my dad, who loves me no matter what color my hair is and actually thinks the henna is quite neat

No comments: