Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fly away, sweet bird of prey

I haven't been home since Christmas - almost 11 months! So, it's fitting that I'm flying home on the eleventh day of the eleventh month. I love going home. I love spending time with my family and friends and recharging my emotional batteries, though not my physical batteries because trips home are typically BUSY. Hopefully I'll do some of that on the plane, since I had to wake up at 3 AM. Some genius idea that was to have a 7 AM flight out of the airport an hour away from my apartment.

PRO: No traffic. Short or no lines. Longer first day of trip. Nonstop flight.

CON: I can't remember the last time I woke up at 3 on purpose. Early morning phlegm clearing (read: coughing) may convince my fellow passengers that I have the hamthrax.

Still, the hugs on the other end of this flight will be worth it!

- Posted from my iPhone because there isn't much else to do at the airport by yourself at 6 AM

No comments: