Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Do you have a house on a hill and a bed for three?

What subject in school was always the easiest for you?

I don't remember any specifically easy classes. I was in Challenge/Pegasus/Honors/AP classes for all my core subjects, which certainly weren't easy. Electives could often have termed easy only in that we weren't challenged in the same way. My Video Production class would have been much harder if we weren't just reading out of a simple textbook and creating very short films. Had we been require to create works worth of Sundance, it would have been a different class altogether.

That said, I want to say that my easiest class was math. Stop laughing, Mom. I took all the way through AP Calculus AB, which is definitely not an easy class. In fact, I transferred out of BC for AB because BC was going too fast for me. However, the thing about math is that once I got it, it made sense. It was logical, objective, and I was really good at it. I actually got a 5 (the highest grade possible) on that AP test.

That's not to say I really enjoyed math and I obviously don't work as a mathematician or anything, but I was consistently good at it, which is more than I can say about the rest of my classes. (I was good, but maybe not as consistently.) Even now, I sometimes wish my homework was as easy as a set of math problems. There's something satisfying about logic problems with one right answer and one right way to get there.

Just don't expect me to remember how to do Calculus right away now. At least give me a few days to review.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone while waiting for my flight to board

2 comments:

Myrna said...

I did not know that about you, the math genius part. My hat is off to you! I am impressed.

Giggles said...

I love the logic of math.