Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sunrise, sunrise, looks like morning in your eyes

Today, January 8, 2008, it is 70 degrees outside. I'm wearing flip-flops to work because 1) My office is just that casual and 2)It's 70 degrees outside! I was about to take a picture of my sandaled feet, despite the fact that they aren't quite presentable (because it's January and I wasn't expecting to be able to to show them off). Sadly, my camera batteries seem to be dead. No problem says I! I have my camera phone! Oh wait. No I don't. I got used to not grabbing it every day in Europe, and for the second day since I've been back, it's still at home.

I would much rather be outside, in a hammock, reading, than be preparing for a meeting.

Woe is me.

2 comments:

chosha said...

We do the casual Friday thing where I work. It only if you have a meeting with people outside the organisation that you're expected to dress in proper work clothes. Needless to say, people who plan stakeholder meetings on Fridays are not popular.

AmandaStretch said...

Haha! I bet. The place I worked in high school only had to dress up on days we had clients coming in. Since we were mostly staffed by high school and college kids, they were not days we looked forward to.

Today, however I am wearing proper footwear, since it's colder again. I do love that I can wear jeans any day I choose. (I would have worn slacks today, but they're apparently all in the wash.)