Saturday, January 19, 2008

Rattlesnakes

I totally failed to mention that my blog post yesterday was my 100th! Hooray!

To celebrate, I pulled an old meme off of Mister Me's blog.

The rules: Put your iPod on Shuffle and answer the following questions with the song titles. No cheating by skipping next until you find something interesting! (My blog title, by Tori Amos, is the first song it came up with.)

1. How does the world see you?
Yellow Submarine (The Beatles)

"And our friends are all aboard" I suppose I can live with that.

2. Will I have a happy life?
Carbon (Tori Amos)

"Keep your eye on the horizon" A little ambiguous, but at least it's not a definite no.

3. What do my friends really think of me?

Allison (Eve 6)

No! It's Amanda! How many times do I have to tell you?

4. Do people secretly lust after me?

Paint the Sky with Stars (Enya)

"Only dreams they cannot keep" - I'll take that as a yes. I knew it!

5. How can I make myself happy?

Sweet Dreams (Tori Amos)

Keep dreaming? Done!

6. What should I do with my life?

Radioactive Royal (Instant Winner)

Be a poisonous queen? That has the makings of a fun Disney movie . . . The song is about a girl that a guy can't stop thinking about, so that's not bad.

7. Will I ever have children?
Marry Me (No Doubt)

Right! I have to get married first. Duh!

8. What is some good advice for me?

Baker Baker (Tori Amos)

Well, I do like sweet things to eat, but I really don't need the extra poundage . . .

9. How will I be remembered?

There's a Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought of It Yet (Panic! At the Disco)

"I bet to them your name is cheap" I think my iPod hates me today.

10. What is my signature song?
Redundant (Green Day)

Now I'm convinced my iPod hates me. *harrumph*

11. What do I think my current theme song is?
I Didn't Want to Need You (Heart)

Considering certain events, this might actually be right.

12. What does everyone else think my current theme song is?

The Beauty Is (Reprise) (from The Light in the Piazza)

So I'm just as beautiful the second time around? Interesting.

13. What song will play at my funeral?

Don't Wish Too Hard (The Boy From Oz)

Sorry, kids, I'm not coming back no matter how much you miss me.

14. What type of men/women do I like?
Braver Than We Are (Reprise) (German) (from The Dance of the Vampires)

That's true! I want my man to be braver than me. I guess I just had to look at my iPod sternly.

15. What is my day going to be like?
Monument (Depeche Mode)

A monumental day? Yes, please!

This should be evidence that I really do have one of the most random music collections out there, plus a lot of Tori Amos. Not the most accurate of fortune-telling devices though.

But, if I want a fortune, I suppose I could just sell my blog.



My blog is worth $7,903.56.
How much is your blog worth?

1 comment:

chosha said...

That's a cool meme, which I won't be able to do for a while, as my shuffle is full of Mugglenet.com podcasts at the moment (catching up). But maybe I'll try that one when I have music back on there.