Thursday, June 4, 2009

You get what you give

Miss Nemesis has been discussing "You might be a librarian if . . ." both in general and specifically related to being a public librarian. I found myself relating to quite a bit of both lists, so much that within a few days of reading them, I alphabetized my spice rack. I also decided to have a little bit of fun and make my own list.

Without further ado, I bring you:

You might be a music librarian if . . .

  • The number one question you are asked is - "Do you have music?"
  • You not-so-secretly loathe being asked to "name that tune".
  • You secretly love it, especially because you almost always get it right.
  • You catch yourself mentally cataloging every piece of sheet music you see.
  • You know the names of music publishers better than book publishers.
  • You've ever been asked to sing a piece of music to a patron over the phone. Extra points if it's instrumental music.
  • Your librarian blog is heavily music related.

What would you add?

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Have you read my mom's most recent post? It's called "I'm a reference librarian" and it's pretty funny, but probably only to librarians.

AmandaStretch said...

Yes, and I loved it. :D