Friday, January 16, 2009

That I was Thursday's Child

Thursday's have long been my least favorite day of the week. Last "school year", I stayed at work until it was time for choir rehearsal. It made more sense than going home and putzing around until it was time to leave again, particularly since home was not on the way. This did, of course, mean that I was at work from 9:30 AM until 7 PM and wouldn't get home until 10 PM. Not that this is particularly strange, as I am an incredibly busy person, but being in only or two places for that long, mostly sitting - it makes for a long day.

Then I added Thursday night wings. Appetizers are half price after 9 at a local bar and grill, so it became a tradition to go after Institute (for my friends) and choir (for me and a couple other people). I would then get home anywhere from 10:30 to 11:30 PM.

There's been talk with one of my friends to watch The Office after wings. If that happens, I won't be getting to bed (after the viewing party and getting ready for bed) until 1 AM!

Now, this isn't that rare. I'm a night person after all. It's the non-stop that gets me. Even we Type-As need some time to kick back.

But today, I started my spring semester class. So, provided everything I talked about actually happens, here's my Thursday schedule from now until May.

9:30 AM - Work
6:00 PM - Class (on the internet, in my office)
8:00 PM - Rehearsal (which actually starts at 7:30 PM)
9:45 PM - Wings
11:00 PM - The Office

YAWN

Friday mornings come awfully early.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We repeat, 7 hours per night. We can hear the love or excitement in your blog of your love for dancing. We'll go to youtube tomorrow so we can get our 8 hours of sleep tonight.

Grandma & Grandpa