Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Oh Shenando'

One of the benefits of getting up earlier than usual and driving in a comparitively opposite direction than everyone else, is enjoying a very solitary drive through the misty Shenandoah Valley. It was gorgeous! It's much better than the usual traffic and business parks I drive through most days.





On my way home from a great orientation day, I got to repeat the drive. It was less misty, but still beautiful. Since it's late summer, everything is very green. Rolling hills, huge trees, and a lovely piece of country. It was a fortunate coincidence that during my drive the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's recording of "Shenandoah" came up on my iPod.



(Disclaimer: I didn't take this or any other pictures of the Shenandoah Valley today. I was too busy driving.)

What a beautiful day!

No comments: