Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Been up all night wondering why things aren't getting any better

Have you ever been so tired that your lack of competency and complete clumsinsess astounds even you?

Um, yeah, me neither. . .

Well, except for last night. Mondays are just hard for me. I get up at 5 AM to workout then have a 13 hour work day between my two jobs. I'm usually tired, but last night I was absolutely useless at the end of my day.

How useless you ask?

First, I ran a stoplight. Except not so much ran as came to a complete stop at, then forgot what was going on and proceeded to drive again, straight through it, before it turned green.

Genius, I tell you.

Then! I forgot how to get to my co-custard scooper's house. It's not a drive I've made super often, but enough that I know how to get there. Usually. I didn't get us turned around completely, thank goodness, but he did have to confirm all turns I was only half-committed to making on my own.

Of course, he was heartily amused at my exhaustion and its consequences. He doesn't know yet that once I made it home (without any more automotive incidents, for which I am grateful), I knocked over my large glass makeup bowl, which shattered on my bathroom tile and cut my foot.


It was all I could do to sit slumped on the floor and pick up the pieces, then clean and dress my wound.

Mind you, this was only 11 PM. Remember when I used to go out that late? Those days are clearly over, at least after working all day.

6 comments:

Emmaleigh504 said...

Boo! Sorry to hear about your bowl and your foot, but so happy to hear you didn't get to a car wreck!

Also, you scoop custard as in frozen custard? yum!

Myrna said...

Hopefully today was MUCH better!

LeAnn said...

Sorry for you bad day! I hate those days to be forgotten.
Blessings to you!

AmandaStretch said...

Emily - I do! 2 nights a week I can be found at the Dairy Godmother in Del Ray (Alexandria)!

Thanks for the well wishes friends! It wasn't even a terrible day, just a little too long. Yesterday was much better, and I have good feelings about today. :)

Melissa said...

Gah! No fun! I can't stay up late anymore either. I get extremely strange and start walking into walls...

Giggles said...

I remember the first time I realized I wasn't a "young'un" any more and couldn't do the all nighters. It was a sad realization. I don't even try any more. Nothing is that important (didn't even really do it to get my wedding dress finished in time, and it still got finished). I used to be able to spend a day, a night, and a day up before completely crashing. I'm so old now!