A few stats:
- Worldwide, breast cancer is the fifth most common cause of cancer death
- In 2005, breast cancer caused 502,000 deaths (7% of cancer deaths; almost 1% of all deaths) worldwide.
- Among women worldwide, breast cancer is the most common cause of cancer death.
- In the United States, breast cancer is the third most common cause of cancer death (after lung cancer and colon cancer)
- In 2007, breast cancer is expected to cause 40,910 deaths (7% of cancer deaths; almost 2% of all deaths) in the U.S.
- Among women in the U.S., breast cancer is the most common cancer and the second- most common cause of cancer death (after lung cancer).
- Women in the U.S. have a 1 in 8 lifetime chance of developing invasive breast cancer and a 1 in 33 chance of breast cancer causing their death.
- Because the breast is composed of identical tissues in males and females, breast cancer also occurs in males, though it is less common.
Susan G. Komen for the Cure
And, finally, click on the following link everyday! The number of times that this site is clicked on is added up and donations are made accordingly to pay for a mammogram for an underprivileged woman. This is real, so do it!
Click to Give Free Mammograms!