Things I love about my job:
- Being told by the homeroom teacher the lesson I'm giving that day is perfect for what they're working on in class.
- Collaborating with teachers to find that perfect lesson topic
- Connecting the right book with the right student.
- Discussing books that a student loved that I also loved.
- Especially when I recommended that book in the first place
- Making students laugh
- My students making me laugh
- Making changes that work
- Learning from changes that didn't work
- Reading from the library collection
- Helping students become self-sufficient library users
Yesterday was especially fun. It was a half day for the kids, so the Girls Elementary held a book and breakfast readathon. Most of their school day was centered around various reading activities, including the first 90 minutes just being reading and breakfast. And we all got to wear our pajamas. I enjoyed visiting most of the classes and having some time to just model reading for pleasure by reading my own book of choice while the students read theirs.
|What I wore to pajama day, with added Malcolm, since it's his favorite chair too. He didn't get up from this snuggle easily.|
It didn't hurt that the school then provided lunch for the staff and let us go home two hours early ourselves. After a day like that, I honestly felt a little more refreshed to return to school today.
What are your favorite things about your job right now?