Monday, August 1, 2011

Reverently, Quietly

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, also known as the Mormons. Each Sunday, I discuss some things related to my faith and what I believe. Regardless of your own beliefs, I hope this gives you a chance to get to know me and my religion a little better. For previous installments, click here.

Recently, we discussed the role of the President of the Church and his calling to receive revelation for the church and world as a whole. While that is definitely a blessing in our lives, we also believe that we are blessed with receiving personal revelation, direct from Heavenly Father, through the gift of the Holy Ghost. Here's my post about that from January.

Rather than simply repeating myself, here are a few other resources that may give you a little more insight as to what personal revelation is:


The Spirit of Revelation, a talk from Elder David A. Bednar during April 2011 General Conference

Eight Ways God Can Speak To You, a talk from Elder Dallin H. Oaks at BYU in 1981

No comments: