Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Want thingamabobs? I've got twenty

My hard drive at work died over the weekend. A sudden, maybe painful death. Sadly, it was alone at the time. No one should die alone. Unfortunately for me, he took everything with him. All my bookmarks. My computer settings. MY CIRCULATION RECORDS FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS.

Fortunately, my catalog records remain, so I'm actually not all that distressed. Put out? Sure. Distressed? Not so much. Also, I have three other computers I can use in the meantime.

So, what does one do when all their cataloging is finished and their computer is waiting for a new hard drive? Lucky for me, the exact same thing I was already planning on: weeding and building my library in Unicorn Ecole.

And hoo boy did I weed. That's all I've done for the last two days. I'm covered in dust (and since I live so close to work now, I dashed home mid-day today to trade my nice shirt for a not so nice shirt) and thoroughly disgusted with some corners of this place.

But I did find some fun things here!

Musically themed wrapping paper?

Check.

First aid stuff from who knows when?

Check.

A box full of Mickey Mouse ears?

Check and check.

The trash can I've probably emptied at least 7 times.


And everything I weeded.

It feels good. Even if I did ask myself questions like:

"Do Band-aids expire?"
"Why do we have diaper rash cream and flushable wipes?"
"How does one use 8mm data tapes?"
"Will someone vacuum this today? Now that I've uncovered all the roach carcasses?"
"Will procurement pick this stuff up soon?"

All of these can be answered with either "I do not know." "I do not want to know." OR "Oh please I hope so."

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to take a very long shower.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness. Wow. I don't blame you for taking the long shower. I hope you at least get to keep a set of Mickey ears, because they're super-cute on you. ;)

Jasmine said...

Wow! A bandaid TIN! I don't remember the last time I saw one of those. Doesn't it feel great to get it all "gone through"? I love finishing up projects like that.

Shaillé said...

Wow - that's a lot of stuff - way to go! Glad you had a great Saturday to make up for all the work. ;)