Sunday, July 12, 2009

So look out for those beauties oh yeah

Dear Drivers,

In most states (and definitely the ones I have lived or currently live in, I've checked), bicyclists have every right to be on the road as you do. So, be nice and share the road. If you stay to the left, I'll stay to the right. Honking and yelling at us scares the crap out of us, so avoid that, unless you want to startle us and possibly cause an accident. And no, I will not ride on the sidewalk. It's even more uneven than the road, and ends in random places.

Watch out for us, and I'll watch out for you. And we'll all get home safely.

Love,
Me

With the exception of the people who've inspired this letter, I really enjoy riding my bike around. I don't do it as often as I should, but when I actually get out and get a little distance behind me, I love it. The wind in my face, the satisfaction of getting somewhere under my own power, and the endorphins are all just great. I also love knowing that the hard core bicyclists are training on the same streets I ride. It is quite hilly after all.

So biking? Two thumbs up from me. I got eight miles in today, and it felt fantastic.

1 comment:

DeShawn said...

Hoo boy. This is one of my pet peeves.

People yell at me "Get on the sidewalk" and I yell back "Share the road!!"

A bicycle is just like any other vehicle.

You have to watch out for the random crazy though... A guy riding his bike on Alpine Highway was hit in the back of the head with a baseball bat by a guy hanging out of a truck window. What the??

I'm glad you're liking biking. Just keep the rubber side down and everyone is happy!

Oh, and go Lance!

(BTW, I think your captcha knows me... my word verification today is "nurds.")