Friday, April 17, 2009

Le belle et le bad boy

I certainly didn't plan on my SOTWs being so international, but once again, this SOTW comes to us from Europe. This time from France.

One random day, probably three years ago now, I was watching TV. Towards the end of the episode, as many popular shows are wont to do, they played a piece of pop music. I loved it immediately. I loved the rhythm and the melody. I wanted it, to listen to it always. The problem was that it was in French, a language I do not speak well, and I couldn't Google the lyrics to give this song a title or an artist. Nor was it in the closing credits or on anything I could ever Google about the episode itself. But French hip-hop? I wanted it! I'd only ever heard maybe 20 seconds of this song, but I knew I'd like the whole thing.

Once in awhile, I'd Google it again. Try anything I could to discover just what this piece of music was.

Then, one just as random day, I had a breakthrough. I don't even remember how I figured it out, but I did it. And now, it is mine, and I shall share it with you.



Okay, so technically it's been my player for a while now, but now you know why!

No comments: