- The guy with whom I shared sudden and unexpected mutual interest, but after a month of uncertainty finally revealed his girlfriend had come back around.
- An extremely nice guy with whom I have a lot things in common, but so far I don't feel a spark with. Granted, lots of IMs and one phone conversation are no indication of true feelings, so I'm not giving up on this yet.
- The guy who seems it's appropriate to expect physical intimacy after only a few nice dinners. "i used to date a girl like that....kissing was it. and after a few dates i was thinking "ok so...im spending money, taking you out, etc etc...and all u wanna do is kiss? yeah....no i dont think its gonna work" When he asked if I was a "romantic", I said yes. I didn't realize that "romantic" now means "promiscuous and easy".
- The guy who was offended by my admission that I was physically uncomfortable (aka in pain) with the way we were sitting.
- An old friend from high school who is stationed near here, with whom I was planning to spend my Saturday, who completely stood me up and has yet to contact me with any sort of explanation. (No reports of "training accidents" from Ft. Meade. I've checked.)
- The guy who invited me to play tennis with him and in the course of scheduling our game revealed he has a fiancee. That's inappropriate and uncomfortable for me. It would be social event, outside of our current professional relationship, and there is no pre-existing friendship. This is the first week we've even talked about anything more than music. I wonder how his fiancee would feel about this?
- The guy who has once again postponed our date for another week. Since being on-call at the hospital (did I mention he's a doctor?) and going home to visit family are legitimate reasons that I was warned might happen, this is another one I'm not completely giving up on.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
It's Raining Men
And I'm not shouting "Hallelujah!" about it. Not this week anyway. If things continue like this, I really will end up being a crazy cat lady. Here's a list, in no particular order, of the guys I've had to deal with this week.