Wednesday, April 2, 2008

And I feel safe, so safe

I watched The Day After Tomorrow this evening. I've never seen it before, and figured it would be decent background noise to my studying. I enjoy disaster movies, particularly ones that aren't realistic in the least. Instead, I found myself totally geeking out over the fact that the library was the safe haven for the main characters. I completely sympathized with the two librarians who were reluctant to burn books for heat, and quickly agreed, just as they did, that it was the only way. I also agreed that the Gutenberg Bible was worth saving.

I am a nerd, and proud of it.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I usually watch that movie to amuse myself... because it's so far-fetched. It DOES bug me, though, when the guy holding the Bible says, "No, I don't believe in God." That movie is a bit too Hollywood politic leaning, says I. But indeed, the library as a safe haven is pretty cool. ;-)