Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Moment of Genius









Though I'm a librarian now, I have a BA in Theatre. I still do theatre whenever I can, whether that be performing, or a newer love - choreographing.

I'm a choreographing a show this summer, and when I'm creating a dance I usually have at least one moment in my rehearsal that I call my "Moment of Genius". It's that moment where I know exactly what I want, how I want it to look, and how it's going to fit. I was so excited the other night to have my Moment of Genius, and I was explaining it to my cast. (This was our first rehearsal together.)

My eyes lit up, I got totally excited and said "Yes! Moment of Genius! This is going to be awesome!" Then, one of my cast members said something that distracted us for a second.

I should mention at this point that I'm a Mormon, and the group I'm working with is predominantly Catholic. We're even rehearsing in a Catholic church, and I was standing not 20 feet from a crucifix.

Hence the following embarassment. I had to get us all back on track, and was so excited, which means I was talking fast.

"K! Guys. Focus. Back to my Moment of Gesius!"

Awesome. Go me.

No comments: